Talis Forums Archive

A place to discuss all your library issues
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:08 pm 

We are currently experiencing a problem with our 3M self issue machines, on a number of occasions we have had students return items but the item does not come off their Talis account. We have been given the self issue receipts by the students that prove that the items were returned. Has anyone experienced a similar problem with 3M self issue machines?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:20 pm 

I think it would be best to raise this as a support case via the support portal providing any edivence that you can, including the dates/times that this has happened and borrower and item barcodes and any copies of receipts when this behaviour has occurred.
That way we can look into it for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:05 pm 

We had similar problems a while back, and it is very frustrating! We couldn't replicate it at will, but thought that it occurred when the item was removed from the cradle before the acknowledgement had come back from the LMS, and before the item could be resensitised. This was then classed as a failed transaction, and the item was automatically placed back onto the loan record. The main problem was with the receipt being printed, which we raised with 3M. After a LOT of log searching, I think they did some changes/updates (sorry i can't recall what off the top of my head) and we have very few instances now. Suggest you contact 3M :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]